Counseling and Psychological Services
- In an effort to protect the health of both our students and our staff, Counseling & Psychological Services is offering all crisis walk in services by phone at this time.
- If you wish to speak with a counselor between 8:30am-5:00pm(M-F), please call the CAPS office at 703-993-2380 and our staff will gladly connect you with a counselor over the phone.
- For mental health crises outside of business hours, please contact your Community Director or Campus Police at 703-993-2810.
- For emergencies, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- Visit Student Health Services for updated information
- If you are on campus and feeling sick,
- Call Student Health Services during hours of operation to speak with a nurse about your symptoms BEFORE visiting the clinic.
Phone #: (703) 993 – 2831
- Current Hours of Operations (Fairfax Clinic Only):
M-Th: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Fri: 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Immunization Office and Insurance Offices:
- Students can call 703-993-2135 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Immunization and Insurance Offices to have questions answered. Immunization and Insurance Offices are closed to in-person visits
- Students can call for health advice from the Optum nurse phone service after-hours by calling 1-866-847-5338. The after-hours nurse service is provided by Optum not by the George Mason Student Health Services. Student Health Services is not responsible for the advice given by Optum
Student Support and Advocacy Center
- Student Support and Advocacy Center is physically closed on the Fairfax and Arlington campuses, but staff are working remotely Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. If you would like to connect with SSAC, you can do so by
- sending an email to email@example.com,
- calling 703-993-3686, or
- submitting a referral at ssac.gmu.edu, using the “Make a Referral” tab.
- In your communication, please include your first and last name, G number, Mason e-mail, your phone number, and specific information to help us best understand your needs or concerns. Our staff will monitor all incoming communication during business hours and will respond as soon as possible.
- The Patriot Pantry is physically closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about food resources.
- If you are reporting a situation involving imminent threat or harm to self or others, call GMU Police at 703-993-2810 or dial 911 first.
Academic Advising in your Major
- Students with declared majors are still able to receive academic advising during this time from their school or college. Most departments are offering a combination of virtual appointments (via WebEx, Skype for Business, or Blackboard Collaborate Ultra) and/or phone appointments. Details specific to your major and how to access advising is being communicated directly from each school or college, and may also be available on your school or college’s website. Exploratory students (students not yet in a school/college and without a declared major) should make their advising appointments with the Mason Care Network. Students are encouraged to be in contact with their academic advisor and utilize existing tools for degree progress and planning. Students in the Honors College should contact their major and minor advisors for questions specific to those requirements. Honors College students with questions about Honors courses should contact their Honors College advisor or email email@example.com. For more information, please see the links below for your school or college.
University Career Services
Mason Care Network
- The Mason Care Network will be hosting all student appointments online beginning March 16, 2020 until further notice.
- Students can go to mcn.gmu.edu to schedule an appointment or visit https://gmu.campus.eab.com/. Once a student has scheduled their appointment, the Success Coach team will email the student with a WebEx meeting link
Mason Student Services Center
Registrar, Student Accounts, and Financial Aid – The one stop shop that is on the first floor of SUB I
- Visit https://mssc.gmu.edu/ for latest updates
- Face to face operations have been temporarily suspended. The Mason Student Services Center is available for remote services
- Virtual service is available Monday through Friday from 9-5 M-F via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via virtual check-in at https://mssccheckin.gmu.edu/
- Writing Center (all locations):
- Writing Center is closed over Spring break and reopens on March 23
- Starting from March 23, the Writing Center will offer all its sessions online while the university is on its virtual instruction schedule. Students will have the option of meeting tutors in real time online (synchronous tutoring) or sending in drafts for written feedback (asynchronous tutoring). Hours of operation will not be altered
- The Writing Center website and scheduler will be updated to reflect changes
- Physical locations are closed due to COVID-19; however, the bookstore is open, processing online retail orders
- Southside Dining Hall is open Monday – Sunday: 10:30 am – 1 PM and 4:30 PM – 7:00 PM
- Ikes and The Globe: Closed
- Monday – Friday: 7:30 AM – 9:30 PM; 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM; 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday: 7:30 AM – 9:30 PM
- Sunday: Closed
University Life Arlington
University Life SciTech
Buildings and Facilities
- JC Computer Lab: Spring break hours – 9am- 6pm on weekdays; 7am – 12am on weekends
- Innovation Hall Computer lab: 10am- 5pm weekdays; CLOSED on weekends
- Arlington: As of March 12 – Open as usual. Please call 703–993–8226 for any updates to hours
- The health and safety of our participants is of the highest priority. In response to the coronavirus outbreak and to assist in limiting exposure on campus, George Mason University Recreation has made the following adjustments to programs and services:
- FACILITIES: All facilities are closed until further notice.
- This includes: The Aquatics & Fitness Center (AFC), Recreation & Athletic Complex (RAC), RAC Field & Outdoor Basketball Courts, Skyline Fitness Center, and West Campus Fields.
- UPDATES regarding facility hours
- PROGRAMS: All in-person programs have been canceled until further notice.
- Including: Group Fitness classes, Personal Training sessions, the Masters Swim program, All club sports games, (practices &group activities), Intramural sports activities (excluding e-gaming & virtual options)
- WHAT IS AVAILABLE: Please visit our Virtual Programming webpage for a full list of our Virtual offerings to help you stay healthy, active and engaged during this time. https://recreation.gmu.edu/virtual-recreation/
- The department will continue to monitor the situation and communicate with various offices on-campus to make informed decisions regarding the health and safety of our students and staff.
- The Recreation staff are considering a variety of virtual programming options as well as some controlled outdoor programming with reduced numbers and appropriate social distancing and will communicate this information through the website and social media.
- Check Student Centers website for updates: https://studentcenters.gmu.edu/hours/
- Reduced hours for the Student Centers, beginning Monday, March 23, 2020.
- JC: 7:30am-7pm Mon-Fri, CLOSED Sat/Sun
- Hub: 7:30am-6pm Mon-Fri, CLOSED Sat/Sun
- SUB I: 7:30am-6pm Mon-Fri, CLOSED Sat/Sun
- Effective immediately, daytime restrictions for reserved parking permit owners will be lifted until 7am on Monday, April 6 in General permit parking areas (green shaded areas on our Fairfax campus parking map https://info.gmu.edu/wp-content/uploads/Fairfax-Parking-Map_2019.pdf
- Reserved permits may not park in any other reserved lot, deck or in any space in General areas with a signed restriction
- Reserved parking permit owners may park in the non-restricted parking spaces in Lots A, C, K, L, M, O, P, PV and the General permit area of the Rappahannock Parking Deck (Levels 1 & 2 with the exception of the segregated visitor area/parking) at all times. Overnight restrictions in the General permit area of Rappahannock Parking Deck will be lifted during this time
- Time restrictions will resume at 7am Monday, April 6
- For questions please contact Parking Services at (703) 993-2710, (703) 993-2828 or email us at email@example.com
- Visit https://www2.gmu.edu/admissions-aid/visit-mason for latest updates
- All events including info sessions, campus tours, high school visits, and college fairs, and are cancelled thru 4/19/2020.
- Any changes moving forward will be reflected on the admissions website
Leadership Education and Development