On November 10-12, Orientation and Family Programs and Services will host Family Weekend 2017.
At Mason, we believe that family is made up of many different people (parents, siblings, cousins, roommates, best friends, significant others and children), which is why our schedule includes events for Mason students, adults and children of all ages, as well as Mason faculty and staff. So, invite your family and friends because Family Weekend is for everyone!
All participants (except Mason students who are free!) must purchase a $5 Family Weekend access pass. Additionally, there are special events that require tickets. You can purchase special event tickets at masonfamilyevents.gmu.edu before registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 29. You can also register on site at Family Weekend check-in, beginning at noon on Friday, November 10 in the Johnson Center, Dewberry Lobby. Note: Special event tickets are limited. Special event tickets that do not sell out online will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis at check-in.
There are more than 70 events on the Family Weekend schedule that are open to the Mason community – take a look at masonfamilyevents.gmu.edu and choose your own adventure!
- Men’s Basketball vs. Lafayette ($13); Fri. Nov. 10; 7 p.m.; EagleBank Arena
- An Evening Under the Stars (free); Fri. Nov. 10; 8-9:30 p.m.; Research Building Observatory
- Faculty Spotlight: Inside the Real Criminal Minds with Dr. Mary Ellen O’Toole (free); Sat. Nov. 11; 1-2 p.m.; Johnson Center, Cinema
- Veterans Day Celebration at the Hylton (free); Sat. Nov. 11; 1-4 p.m.; SciTech
- Little Patriots Lounge (free); Sat. Nov. 11; 2-5 p.m., Johnson Center, Bistro
- Mason Athletics Sports Clinic (free); Sat. Nov. 11; 2:30-4 p.m.; Field House
- 5K Run/Walk ($25 fee can be paid on-site); Sun. Nov. 12; 9 a.m.; Mason Pond Drive outside Center for the Arts
Family of the Year Award
In addition to these events, we are accepting nominations for our next Family of the Year, which recognizes and awards a family for the critical role they play in their student’s experience and success at Mason. The winning Family of the Year receives an awards package that includes:
- Four tickets to the Men’s Basketball home opener vs. Lafayette
- $200 of merchandise from the University Bookstore
- Commemorative plaque
- Featured article on gmu.edu
- Family photo shoot and featured cover photo on the 2018-19 Family Calendar
Please encourage your students to nominate their families by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, October 25 at masonfamilyevents.gmu.edu/2017-family-of-the-year-application.
We look forward to a great weekend with all of our Mason families at #FW2017!