Helping students remain enrolled
The Stay Mason Student Support Fund assists matriculated George Mason students who are at risk of not continuing their education due to unexpected financial situations. The fund is for all students – undergraduate and graduate, full-time and part-time – enrolled in degree-seeking programs.
The Stay Mason Student Support Fund is designed to provide temporary, short-term, financial assistance to students who are managing demanding academic requirements while struggling with debilitating financial circumstances. The Stay Mason Student Support Fund is not intended to provide ongoing relief for recurring expenses, and the financial assistance is not a loan that is expected to be repaid.
Complete and submit the online application below. Applications will be reviewed by the Stay Mason Student Support Fund Committee. Decisions made by the Stay Mason Student Support Fund Committee are final.
To qualify for the Stay Mason Student Support Funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have been admitted as a student at George Mason University and completed at least 12 credit hours of coursework at George Mason University;
- Be eligible to be enrolled during the semester for which the funding is being requested (no academic or conduct suspensions);
- Provide necessary supporting data, as it may be required by the university;
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average and meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards as defined by the university’s Office of Student Financial Aid;
- Attend and participate fully in a no-cost financial literacy program, provided by the university.
In addition, applications will not be considered until the student has exhausted all other sources of financial assistance, including all subsidized and unsubsidized loans and if requested, meets with the Financial Literacy Counselor. DACA students are welcome to apply.
There is no guarantee that funding will be available for any given semester and the university may discontinue this funding at any time. The Stay Mason Student Support Fund is not meant to provide long-term or full tuition relief. Students can be granted aid up to a maximum of three times. Priority will be given to students whose continued enrollment at George Mason University may be at risk because of unexpected and unforeseen events or expenses.
The number of students who can be served by the Stay Mason Student Support Fund is subject to the availability of funds. The fund may be sustained by continual contributions from alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends of the university.
Please allow for 6-8 weeks for processing.