The 11th annual Dr. Alan and Sally Merten Family of the Year award is back! The 2021 Family of the Year Award honors a family who supports their Mason student’s achievements and provides recognition for the crucial role families play in their student’s experience.
The nomination process is easy! All you have to do is complete the short nomination form at masonfamilyevents.gmu.edu/2021-family-of-the-year and submit a presentation, essay, or creative writing telling us why your family deserves to be awarded Family of the Year. That’s it!
The winner will receive the following:
- Commemorative plaque
- All Family Weekend fees refunded or waived (up to $250)
- $100 University Bookstore gift card
- GMU woven blanket
- Featured article on GMU.edu
- Family photoshoot with a photo selected to be the cover of the 2022-2023 Family Calendar
- The winner will be notified on Friday, October 1, and the award will be presented during Breakfast & Bingo on Sunday, Oct. 17.
Visit masonfamilyevents.gmu.edu/2021-family-of-the-year to nominate your family before the deadline this Friday, September 17 at 5 p.m. Good luck!