George Mason University offers Aetna Student Health insurance to all undergraduate and graduate students, full-time and part-time, who take at least three credit hours. Students enrolled in Doctoral programs are also eligible to enroll in Mason health insurance. Aetna Student Health insurance is a student-focused health insurance plan that protects students at school, at home, and while traveling or studying abroad.
The 2014-2015 policy year maximum is unlimited—medical and drug prescriptions. Domestic students are encouraged, but not required, to have health insurance while international students must have health insurance. For more information please click here: http://shs.gmu.edu/insurance/.
Please see below for a few highlights of Mason’s student health insurance plan:
- $250 annual deductible
- $250 emergency room deductible
- Access to Aetna’s nationwide network of health care professionals, including primary care and specialist doctors
- Inpatient and outpatient coverage (80/20)
- Access to vision, dental, fitness and Alternative Health Care Discount Programs
- Travel Assistance Services and Worldwide Medical Coverage while traveling or studying abroad
- No pre-existing clause
- Adult immunizations ONLY if provided at Student Health Services
- Preventative services covered at Student Health Services and in-network providers