GetConnected provides a gateway to involvement opportunities and allows you to keep a record of your out-of-class participation and learning. By signing up for GetConnected, you will be able to:
- Easily manage organization memberships, interests, service hours, on your My Involvement page
- Create a Co-Curricular Transcript that provides a printable record of your Mason involvement
- Decide how you want to receive communication from the student organizations you find interesting
- Set up notifications using Recommendation Tools to suggest groups or activities based on your personal interests
- Browse, search and sort through all the activities you can join
The Patriot Experience
Discover the unlimited ways you can get involved and enhance your education at Mason. The Patriot Experience allows you to go deep into four specific cocurricular areas:
- Looking to develop new ways to stay healthy and build resiliency?
- Would you like to discover your strengths and talents?
- Interested in making a positive change in your communities?
- Want to explore the diversity that is at the heart of Mason?
University Life has created this program to help you get the most of your Mason experience. The Patriot Experience enables you to record and showcase your active engagement and participation in activities, conferences, trainings, campus employment, and so much more.
Special Diversity Initiatives:
The Special Diversity Initiatives unit focuses on diversity related initiatives and helps create a safe and inclusive campus environment for Mason’s community of scholars (i.e. students, faculty and staff). Activities include coordinating:
- The Campus Climate Committee
- Mason Climate Website,
- Bias Incident Reporting Process
- Free Speech and Civic Education activities
For additional information contact Dr. Dennis W. Webster, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Mason offers a number of services for banking and managing your money. You have access to Apple Federal Credit Union for your banking needs.
Other important links related to your finances and accounts are:
Student Life at Mason
Need a job while you are going to school? University Life employs more than 1300 students each year, making it Mason’s largest student employer within the University. Your campus job helps you develop important job skills in addition to providing additional financial support. Opportunities within University Life range from office support to serving as a resident advisor, and tons of other great roles in between. Visit Hire Mason for access to these and other campus jobs.
You have many opportunities to be active at Mason, as a participant or as a fan of Mason’s many athletic teams. Find out more about Mason’s recreational activities, club teams and facilities to keep you healthy and fit http://recreation.gmu.edu and check out Mason’s intercollegiate athletics information here. Go Patriots! http://gomason.com
Mason Shuttles and Getting Around
Where can I go on the Mason shuttles? Oh, yes, it’s FREE with your Mason student ID. To the metro, Fair Oaks Mall, Fair Lakes Center, Fairfax Corner, University Mall and to the Prince William Campus.