Thank you for your interest in the Ukraine Crisis Student Support Fund. The Spring 2022 application is now closed, and we are no longer accepting requests for spring semester 2022 funding.
If you are experiencing a true unexpected emergency, you can email the Ukraine Crisis Student Support Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org to meet with the Financial Well-Being team and discuss your financial options.
Applications for emergency assistance in upcoming terms, and updated criteria for funding, may be available in the future if funding is available. If you are eligible for federal financial aid or other grants, we encourage you to reach out to the Office of Student Financial Aid and apply for summer aid through OSFA. The summer application is open now and we recommend that you do that as soon as you can: https://www.gmu.edu/financial-aid/summer-aid
Please keep in mind that this emergency assistance is NOT guaranteed funding and is designed to provide temporary, short-term financial assistance to students who face an unexpected emergency or financial hardship, subject to the availability of funds. Emergency funding should be considered a last resort for students and should not be considered part of a student’s financial planning for the future.
More financial aid options can be found here:
- Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans: The Subsidized/Unsubsidized loans have a current interest rate of 3.73% fixed for undergraduate level loans and 5.28% fixed for graduate level loans; and as a result of an executive order due to COVID-19, no interest starts accruing on any federal student loans until August 31, 2022.
- Parent Plus Loans: Dependent Undergraduate students can have a parent apply for a Parent Plus Loan. The current interest rate on these loans is 6.28% fixed. If a parent’s parent plus loan application is denied, a dependent student can request an additional unsubsidized loan by contacting the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Graduate Plus Loans: Graduate students, who have already received the maximum unsubsidized loan, can apply for a Graduate Plus Loan with a 6.28% fixed interest rate. In addition, if you have already received one Graduate Plus Loan, you can apply for an increase to the loan up to the Cost of Attendance.
- Private Loans: Students who are not eligible for federal aid, or students who want to look at different interest rate options, can look into Private Loans which offer different terms as well.
- Prodigy Finance: Prodigy Finance is a private loan lender option for International, DACA, and Undocumented Masters students as it does not require a U.S. co-signer. However, interest rates are higher without a U.S. cosigner.
- MPower Financing: MPower Financing is a private loan lender option for International, DACA, and Undocumented students as it does not require a U.S. co-signer. However, interest rates are higher without a U.S. cosigner.
- Outside Scholarships: Students are encouraged to look for outside scholarships.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.