Due to a high volume of funding requests, the Student Emergency Assistance application process has been temporarily suspended. More information will be posted on this site as it becomes available.
If you are still in need of assistance, below is a list of additional financial aid resources to look into.
- Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans: The subsidized/unsubsidized loans have a current interest rate of 2.75% fixed for undergraduate level loans and 4.30% fixed for graduate level loans. As a result of an executive order due to COVID, no interest will start accruing on any federal student loans until December 31, 2020.
- Parent Plus Loans: Dependent students can have a parent apply for a parent plus loan. The current interest rate on these loans is 5.30% fixed. If a parent’s parent plus loan request is denied, a dependent student can apply for an additional unsubsidized loan by e-mailing the Office of Student Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduate Plus Loans: Graduate students, who have already received the maximum unsubsidized loan, can apply for a graduate plus loan that has a 5.30% fixed interest rate.
- Private Loans: Students, who are not eligible for federal aid or who want to explore different interest rate options, can look into private loans.
- Outside Scholarships: Outside scholarships can be found through fastweb.com.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com. In addition, if you are still experiencing financial hardship after exhausting all of your aid options and need additional assistance, you can request a meeting with an advocate from Student Support and Advocacy Center by going to ssac.gmu.edu and clicking ‘Request a Meeting.’