At Mason, we believe that “we thrive together” - shared success is one of our core values. Our goal is to become a model well-being university at which students, faculty, and staff build a life of vitality, purpose, and resilience.
George Mason University will host Spring into Well-Being (SIWB) this year from Wednesday, March 20 to Friday, April 19. SIWB is an annual event that celebrates the Mason community’s commitment to well-being. Its purpose is to inform and motivate our community to participate in Mason’s well-being university events that promote vitality, purpose, resilience, and engagement. During #SIWB2019, Mason students and employees can thrive together in ways that strengthen their well-being for the entire year.
How can I or my unit or group get involved?
You can highlight an event you’ve already planned that will take place during the Spring into Well-Being time frame, and email your event information in advance to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include these details in your email:
- Event title
- Brief description
- Link that readers can use for more information and/or to register
Events will be posted as soon as possible at https://wellbeing.gmu.edu/events and promoted by a variety of Mason departments during #SIWB2019.
Mason’s six dimensions of well-being
(adapted from Gallup’s model of well-being):
- Community – feeling safe on campus and having pride in your communities
- Financial – managing your economic life to reduce stress and increase security
- Physical – having good physical health and enough energy to get things done daily
- Psychological – having vitality/good psychological health and the resiliency to deal with adversity
- Purpose/Career – finding meaning in what you do at Mason each day and motivations to achieve your goals; setting goals and working toward successful completion
- Social – having supportive relationships and high-quality social connections
Join Mason’s Resilience Badging Challenge
Do you want to improve skills such as problem solving, decision-making and adaptability?
Do you want to capture your learning beyond the traditional transcript?
Join Mason's Resilience Badging Challenge and earn a digital badge!
Mason's Resilience Badging Challenge is a five-week blended workshop (combination of online and in-person sessions) where students will acquire and demonstrate new skills in a fun and engaging way. Apply today! Seats are limited.
We love to hear from you!
Lewis E. Forrest, II
Associate Dean, University Life