The University Life Division at George Mason University is committed to fostering collaborative relationships with faculty and developing joint initiatives that lead to greater overall student learning and success.
The University Life Faculty Fellows Program provides meaningful and enriching opportunities for Mason faculty to collaborate with UL departments on projects that connect faculty interests and expertise with UL departmental, institutional, and student needs. Our purpose is:
- To forge educational partnerships with faculty to improve overall student and institutional performance;
- To capitalize on the collective wisdom of faculty and UL staff in developing programs that engage students in active learning and development within and outside the classroom;
- To create meaningful ways for faculty to interact with students outside of the classroom setting;
- To infuse the educational experience with curricular and co-curricular programs that prepare students to become engaged lifelong learners and effective citizens.
University Life will sponsor up to 10 faculty fellows per year with appointments per semester or per year, depending on the project, interest, and availability.
What does a Faculty Fellowship do for you?
- A $4,000 academic year stipend (or course release as negotiated with the department chair);
- Develop innovative new programs and services that enhance student learning and benefit the George Mason University community at-large;
- Add value to students’ education through special research projects, campus-wide programmatic initiatives, and other high-profile projects;
- Share your skills and expertise in new and unique ways that benefit both you and the university;
- Become further engaged with the UL programs and services available to Mason students;
- Learn about changing student demographics and the challenges and opportunities of working on a diverse campus.
Application Information and Materials
Fellowships are open to all term, tenure-track, and tenured instructional faculty. To obtain a Faculty Fellows Application, you can apply online or contact: Amy Snyder, Director of Special Projects, by e-mail at email@example.com or phone at (703) 993-8934.