Family Weekend is an opportunity to come together to connect, have fun, celebrate and make new memories, become familiar with the institution, and spend time with your student, which is why our schedule includes events for people of all ages. Family Weekend features several events that showcase the best of Mason and all it has to offer, including a signature athletic event, faculty spotlights, student performances, area tours, service opportunities, and much more! There will also be opportunities to tune into Family Weekend events from the comfort of your own home if you are unable to come to campus.
Family Weekend tickets are $35 for adults (ages 13+); $12 for children (ages 5-12); and FREE for Mason students and children ages 4 and under. Your ticket grants you entry into every on-campus Family Weekend event! View the full schedule of events on our website at MasonFamilyEvents.gmu.edu.
If you need hotel accommodations, book now at one of our Marriott partner hotels for a discounted rate. Rooms fill up quickly, so book early if you know you are attending Family Weekend! Visit MasonFamilyEvents.gmu.edu/Where-To-Stay for information on where to stay.
FAMILY OF THE YEAR
Nominate your family for the Dr. Alan and Sally Merten Family of the Year Award and be recognized for the crucial role you play in your student’s experience at Mason. There are a few ways to nominate your family!
- Create a presentation or collage (minimum of 5 slides)
- Write a short essay (minimum of 500 words)
- Compose a creative writing (i.e. poetry, speech, play, song, etc.)
The winning family will receive the following:
- A commemorative plaque presented at “Breakfast & Bingo” on Sunday, October 17
- All fees associated with Family Weekend registration will be waived or refunded if already paid in full (up to $250 will be covered)
- $100 gift card to the University Bookstore
- A GMU woven blanket from the University Bookstore
- A featured article on GMU.edu
- A family photoshoot and featured cover photo on the 2022-2023 Family Calendar
We look forward to welcoming and spending time with your Mason Family during Family Weekend! If your family has a question or needs assistance, visit our website at MasonFamilyEvents.gmu.edu, specifically the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) webpage, or reach out to us via email at Families@gmu.edu, phone at (703) 993-2475, or our live chat at MasonFamily.gmu.edu.