Mason students now have FREE access to TimelyCare – a virtual mental health and well-being platform crafted specifically for college students!
With TimelyCare, Mason students will have access to a multitude of virtual mental health and well-being resources that are free and available 24/7. Find out more about the resources available online at Timelycare.com/gmu or Download the app.
As part of George Mason’s partnership with TimelyMD, students have access to services in TimelyCare, including:
24/7, on-demand emotional support to talk about anything, including anxiety, relationships, depression, and school-related stressors.
Develop healthy lifestyle behaviors, including nutrition, sleep habits, time management, and mindfulness.
Scheduled appointments are available through referral by CAPS, Student Health Services, or a TimelyCare counselor.
Visit the “Explore” page within TimelyCare for guided self-care content, including yoga and meditation sessions, as well as group conversations with our providers on a variety of health and well-being topics.
- Students do not need insurance to access TimelyCare services.
- Students will have access to TimelyCare until the last day of their graduating semester.
Good questions. Better answers.
TimelyCare is a virtual health and well-being platform available 24/7 for Mason students.
Any enrolled Mason student can use TimelyCare.
There is no cost to enrolled Mason students.
With TimelyCare, you will have free, 24/7 access to providers from anywhere in the United States, regardless of your insurance status. So, you’ll never have to spend time or money looking for care, whether you’re on or off campus.
TimelyCare’s providers can offer support for a wide range of common concerns, and after talking to you, will decide on the best course of treatment.
• TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand emotional support to talk about anything, including anxiety, relationships, depression, and school-related stressors.
• Scheduled Counseling: Mason students are eligible for 12 free counseling sessions per year. Choose the day, time, and mental health provider that works best for you.
• Health Coaching: Develop healthy lifestyle behaviors for nutrition, sleep habits, time management, and mindfulness.
• Psychiatry: Scheduled appointments are available through referral by CAPS, Student Health Services, or a TimelyCare counselor.
• Self-Care Content: Visit the Explore page within TimelyCare for guided self-care content.
No, TimelyCare providers do not write ESA letters.
Because of federal telehealth regulations, TimelyCare providers are not able to prescribe controlled substances, which include the following categories of medications:
- Controlled substance stimulants for ADHD such as: Ritalin, Adderall, Vyvanse, Concerta
- Benzodiazepines: Xanax, Valium, Ativan, Klonopin
- Opioids/Opiates: Norco, Vicodin, Oxycodone.
For more information about prescriptions, please call TimelyCare 833-4-TIMELY.