In the event of a tragedy or impactful event, the Patriot Community Gathering Spaces will activate to provide open spaces to gather, connect, and attend to our community’s mental health and Well-Being needs. These organized support spaces will be available to students and the Mason community.
Lewis Forrest | Associate Dean, University Life
firstname.lastname@example.org – (703) 993 – 5051
Gathering Space Locations:
- The HUB – Student Involvement Office Suite
- The RAC – The Overlook (RAC 2001A)
- SUB 1 – Patriots Lounge or SUB1 421
- Housing – Information coming soon.
- Time frames for these locations will be determined when the gathering spaces are activated and will be posted here when confirmed.
These spaces will offer the following types of support and resources:
Designed for students to come together to be in the community and participate in Well-Being Activities (Coloring, Rock Painting, Arts/crafts, writing supportive messages).
For personal reflection, meditation, prayer, and decompression.
Facilitated spaces to be in dialog and share.
Additional Well-being Resources:
- BurnAlong | Go.gmu.edu/Burnalong
- With BurnAlong you can access virtual classes whenever you want – whether in the office, at home, or on the road. Workouts range from 3 minutes to more than 60, and include mindfulness, cardio, strength training, yoga, Barre, Pilates and more!
- Thriving Together | ThrivingTogether.gmu.edu
- The perfect place to find a wide range of Mason resources, all designed to improve your well-being and overall mental health.
- Mason Chooses Kindness | Kindness.gmu.edu
- The goal of MCK is to ensure that there are ongoing activities/ resources for our Mason students, faculty/staff, alumni and community to explore, engage in, and most of all, opportunities to spread kindness.