University Life is committed to the growth, learning, and professional development of graduate students by providing high-quality, relevant experiences in various functional areas within student affairs related units. Graduate Professional Assistants are invaluable members of the Division of University Life at George Mason University.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity.
Process and Timeline
- Assistantships are available at the Masters and Doctoral levels and are compensated according to the Provost Office guidelines and the unit’s established rates for the contracted responsibilities. Position responsibilities, time commitment, and compensation will vary by department and position.
- All assistantships comply with the Provost Graduate Assistant Guidelines.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in a graduate program in order to be eligible for assistantships.
- Applications are submitted through HireMason to the University Life department/hiring manager as indicated on the position posting.
- University Life hiring managers may request phone and/or in-person interviews. Decisions to offer assistantships are at the discretion of the respective hiring manager for each position.
(click to view position description)
|Office||Contact Person||Application Process||Deadline|
|Violence Prevention and Response (Wage Position)||Student Support and Advocacy Center||Courtney Diener|
|Interested applicants can submit cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to Courtney Diener at email@example.com||Open until filled|
|Graduate Student Engagement||Graduate Student Life||Julie Choe Kim|
|Interested applicants can apply via HireMason.||Priority deadline is May 25, 2018; however, applications will be accepted until position is filled|
|Well Being and Diversity||University Life||Lewis Forrest|
|Interested applicants can submit cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to Lewis Forrest at firstname.lastname@example.org||Priority deadline is June 1, 2018|
|Assessment||Assessment||Elysia Lash |
|Interested applicants can apply via HireMason.||Open until filled|
|LGBTQ Resources||Diversity Inclusion and Multicultural Education||LuLu Géza Kelemen|
|Interested applicants can submit cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to LuLu Géza Kelemen at email@example.com||Open until filled|
Please contact Amy Snyder, Director of University Life Special Projects, firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.993.2884.