University Life is committed to the growth, learning, and professional development of graduate students by providing high-quality, relevant experiences in various functional areas within student affairs related units. Graduate Professional Assistants are invaluable members of the Division of University Life at George Mason University.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity.
Process and Timeline
- Assistantships are available at the Masters and Doctoral levels and are compensated according to the Provost Office guidelines and the unit’s established rates for the contracted responsibilities. Position responsibilities, time commitment, and compensation will vary by department and position.
- All assistantships comply with the Provost Graduate Assistant Guidelines.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in a graduate program in order to be eligible for assistantships.
- Applications are submitted through HireMason to the University Life department/hiring manager as indicated on the position posting.
- University Life hiring managers may request phone and/or in-person interviews. Decisions to offer assistantships are at the discretion of the respective hiring manager for each position.
(click to view position description)
|Office||Contact Person||Application Process||Deadline|
|Assessment||University Life||Elysia Lash|
|Interested applicants can apply through HireMason (position #144880) and must include letter of interest, resume, and list of three professional references||Open until filled|
|Fraternity and Sorority Life||Student Involvement||Phil McDaniel|
|Interested applicants can submit cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to Phil McDaniel at email@example.com||August 4|
Please contact Amy Snyder, Director of University Life Special Projects, firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.993.2884.