University Life is committed to the growth, learning, and professional development of graduate students by providing high-quality, relevant experiences in various functional areas within student affairs related units. Graduate Professional Assistants are invaluable members of the Division of University Life at George Mason University.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity.
Process and Timeline
- Assistantships are available at the Masters and Doctoral levels and are compensated according to the unit’s established rates for the contracted responsibilities. Position responsibilities, time commitment, and compensation will vary by department and position.
- All assistantships comply with graduate student hiring rules and regulations outlined by the Provost’s Office for Graduate Education.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in a graduate program in order to be eligible for assistantships.
- Applications are submitted to the University Life department/hiring manager and/or HandShake and/or HR Jobs posting as indicated on the position posting.
- University Life hiring managers may request phone and/or in-person interviews. Decisions to offer assistantships are at the discretion of the respective hiring manager for each position.
- The majority of University Life Graduate Professional Assistant positions will be posted by late March 2020.
- For 2020-2021 academic year, most hiring decision will take place between March and May 2020.
(click to view position description)
|Office||Contact Person||Application Process||Deadline|
|University Career Services||University Career Services||Carolyn Kleiman|
|Interested applicants must submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com||June 30, 2020|
Please contact Amy Snyder, Director of University Life Special Projects, firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.993.2884.