University Life is committed to the growth, learning, and professional development of graduate students by providing high-quality, relevant experiences in various functional areas within student affairs related units. Graduate Professional Assistants are invaluable members of the Division of University Life at George Mason University.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity.
Process and Timeline
- Assistantships are available at the Masters and Doctoral levels and are compensated according to the unit’s established rates for the contracted responsibilities. Position responsibilities, time commitment, and compensation will vary by department and position.
- All assistantships comply with graduate student hiring rules and regulations are outlined by the Graduate Division in the Graduate Division Hiring Rules & Procedures.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in a graduate program in order to be eligible for assistantships.
- Applications are submitted to the University Life department/hiring manager and/or HandShake as indicated on the position posting.
- University Life hiring managers may request virtual or phone interviews. Decisions to offer assistantships are at the discretion of the respective hiring manager for each position.
- The majority of University Life Graduate Professional Assistant positions will be posted by late mid-late March 2024.
- For 2024-2025 academic year, most hiring decisions will take place between March and May 2024.
(click to view position description)
|Academic Integrity GPA Position Description
|Submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com
|Wednesday, November 15, 2023
|GPA for Academic Coaching in Learning Services
|Submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tuesday, January 2, 2024